Friday, July 11, 2008

Closer

Heheheh... here we go again.  Flashbacks, nostalgic, whatever you call it.  As I'm sitting here uploading some new pictures.  I'm listening to Goapele's Closer.  This song brought me right back to summer of 2006. 
I could remember clearly, it was a very very warm summer.  It was so warm that the temperature would sometimes hike up to 102F.  I was "cruisin" in my little golf listening to this song with my windows down.  You're wondering why the heck would you drive with your windows down in this type of HEAT~~~  I can tell you one thing, gas is really expensive in Chicago.  =)  So I had to save gas by NOT turning on the AC.  I still remember, I would try to save as much money on gas during summer because I know for the fact that I can't be savin gas money during winter time. So yea, I was cheap (still am), I would rather sweat my balls off (if I have any) than freeze to death during winter in Chicago... =P  
Back to my point, I had this song on repeat all summer because it has this cooling effect on me.  ^^  When I'm on my way to work in the morning, I'd listen to B96 my favorite station ever!  Eddie, Jobo, and Erica.  When they aren't on, guess what song would be on repeat again?  LOL

On the side note, I really have to stop living in my past huh?  =)  I always tell Erin, I miss/think about Chicago more than I think about Hawaii is because Chicago is where I have lived my real adult live.  I work, I live on my own, I met my awesome coworkers, I cook in my little apartment, I do grocery shopping at my favorite store => Jewels!, I do almost everything there that I couldn't do in Hawaii.  In Hawaii, I had all the help and company from so many people, my best friends Erin and Rina of course, my roommates Lisa and Effa, and those really hot military men.  ^^

On the side side note, there is this one friend of mine.  She loves and is the only one calling me Yasha Basha til this day.  Miss you girl!  Meghan Lane.

I truly believe that some songs are the theme songs for different stages of your life.  

*I'm listening to Let's Chill by Guy.  Great song

No comments: