Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Blessed to have you and I am grateful

This past sunday was well spent.  Hung out with an old friend of mine.  We pigged out together at Italiannies.  Us two girls ordered Fettucine Alfredo and a margherita pizza.  The waitress was like errmm just to remind you, our portion is big and is for sharing.  I said yes I am aware.  So we waited and waited for our food.  The pasta showed up first.  First thing I thought was, dang I could finish this all by myself!!!  What she talking bout it's for 2-3 sharin?  LOL.  My friend thought the same.  Well, we basically finished every single bite.  On top of her Diet Coke and my brewed coffee.  Muahahahah!  The food is great!  Just that not enough mozzarella on the pizza dampened my mood a little.
After our pig out session she went crazy shopping!!!  They have such great sales in Forever 21 and Promod.  Great apparels and even greater prices.  =)  We walked and talked and shopped.  Around nine-ish.  We decided that it's time to leave.  But I was like, I don't feel like going home just yet tho I'm feeling dog tired.  Heheheh.  So, we went to a place where we could have some chinese dessert.  Sat down ate some more and chatted some more.  I love it!!!!!  After that, it really was time to go home and sleep.  I dropped her off at her house.  That's when it hits me hard.  She was going back to an empty house...  Only her dog was excited to see her...  The house was dark, what if some uninvited guest were in there???  Her mother passed few years back, sisters are overseas...  She was going back to an empty house.  She has to go back to an empty home every single day...  She has no one, at home waiting for her, asking her how her day has been. *sob*
Then I thought to myself.  I should be grateful every single moment because I know someone is waiting for me at home.  I should be kneeling on the floor and thanking god that I have a home.  I mean oh my gosh, I knew for the fact that my friend lives alone for the longest time since her mom passed.  But never once I saw it with my own eyes.  To me, it is the saddest thing.  Makes me want to cry.  Take some time out and think this through.  If you're living with your family, please believe me, you are very very fortunate.  

I am grateful for my family
I am grateful for ALL of my friends
I am grateful for my coworkers
I am grateful for my boss
I am grateful for being alive
I am grateful

No comments: