Monday, March 17, 2008

We had a blast!

The long wait in line, the hot sun, the mercy-less rain, the ever so over priced can of Coke (RM4 per can), it was all well worth!
Saturday morning woke up had breakfast, the next thing I know, Effa is coming to pick me up at 12noon. We planned to go to the concert later in the day but I'm glad we've decided to go early to get a nice parking spot. Indeed we found a pretty close by parking spot (only 10mins walk from the entrance) which is along the side of a highway (don't ask me where it was). We waited in the car from 1230 to around 130 for Effa's friends so that we can go in together since Effa's ticket was with them. The show is suppose to start at 200PM but we were still in line waiting at the entrance at about 230. I was really annoyed, yes me being a stuck up bitch. I can't stand the Malaysian time concept i.e. it is OK to be late for EVERYTHING.
Anywho we finally got in without any complications, besides the long wait of course. The Bukit Kiara Equestrian Club is HUGE, plenty of room for so many of us. Great thinking there organizer. Reportedly 11000 or 12000? ppl showed up.
Lemme tell ya at this point, the sun was really hot. I was thinking how on earth am I gonna through this? Then Effa's sister said that let's hope it rains coz it'd be cooler that way. Boy did it rain. Dogs and cats if I may. It started raining while Popshuvit was performing, the lead singer came down from the stage, stood in the rain and sang for us. How cool is that? And the rain stopped when
HUJAN (rain) finished performing LOL I'm not kidding. Effa, her sisters (Nadiah & Hannah) and I parked at the front roll of SKY stage all evening and night coz it was where great bands like Popshuvit, George Clinton and Parliament Funkedelic, The Roots and John Legend would be performing from 600PM onwards. We did leave for a bit for foods and drinks but only with two ppl leaving the spot at once. lol.
The crowd got bigger and bigger as the night proceed so yea, almost everyone there that night stood before SKY stage waiting for John Legend!!! We heard the Malay kids behind us yelling
abang John!!, brother John!!, abang John Legend!!, it was so cute and hilarious!!! I wonder what John Legend would think if he'd heard that.
It was a little over 1200am we couldn't handle the chilly-ness anymore, we got soaking wet from head to toe, we partied until our clothes dried off, but our jeans were still wet. So we left before Incubus finished their act. No no not missing out on anything. Coz I only know two of their songs. Haha! I mean Incubus is not my cuppa tea.

When everything is all said and done. I really want to thank the organizer, Pineapple Concerts. I don't know how they managed to bring in such Awesome bands to play at this concert. Thank you thank you!!!


Photobucket
And these girls that made it a memorable night...

No comments: