Monday, February 25, 2008

The O Magazine

Sunday early morning, we sent my brother to KLIA for his flight at 930AM. After he checked in and got everything settled, my mother, sister and brother decided to have something small to eat. I, however, decided to pop into a book store for book browsing. But before I could get to the book section, I was drawn to the magazine aisle. I was looking without knowing what I'm looking for. The next thing I know, I spot someone on the magazine. And she is my beloved OPRAH. I love Oprah, I watch her show everyday when I was in the states, I buy her magazines, and I read the books that she recommended. Yup, I'm that crazy. Anywho, I was so happy to see her magazines on the rack, not only that, it is the current issue, March 2008. Amazing isn't it? Why am I so excited to find The O Mag? Coz I couldn't find it anywhere else. =)
The main point of me writing this is to share with you something really nice I read in this month's O Mag. The story came from an interview with Chandra Wilson, if you don't know who she is, she is Dr. Miranda Bailey in Grey's Anatomy. So this is some of what said told the interviewer:

If someone doesn't respond to me the way I want them to, I understand that it doesn't have anything to do with me.

When I need a real, arms-wrapped-around-me hug, I go to someone who does that. I stopped getting disappointed by my expectations from non-huggers.
There's too much anxiety and self-doubt in concentrating on what somebody didn't do. It's much healthier for me to just appreciate what the people in my life can offer. And that's something I can hold on to.

What she said here stuck me like a lighting bolt. I am the type of person who sometimes thinking what someone else should have done or shouldn't have... And it'll eventually leads to self-doubt. I should seriously stop doing that to myself.
Regarding the expecting hugs from a non-hugger issue, I guess that's me too. I couldn't understand why someone is so bad in returning hugs, but I just have to realize and accept the fact that they might not be a people-hugging type of person. Right?

If anyone out there knows where to buy the O Mag without having to take a trip to KLIA please let me know. =) I'll really appreciate that!

No comments: