Monday, February 11, 2008

Everything has to come to an end PART I

This week is finally over. Kimmy's visit is over, Chinese New Year celebration is over. Now everything has gone back to normal, well, at least in my house. It is bitter sweet. Bitter because Kimmy had left last night after one whole week of catching up and revisiting old times. Sweet because it is very nice visiting grandma despite some really brutal hot weather up north.
Photobucket
Sissy and Kimmy at the back of my grandma's house.
Okay let me rewind a little. My brother is home for 2-3 weeks now. He had recently picked up this new hobby of playing with his pro camera, I call him my semipro-photographer. LOL.
Photobucket
That's my semipro-photog
Back to the story, so he came home, he brought along Baileys, yummy Macadamia nuts, a pair of shade for my papa, a pair of running shoes for mama, a little Roxy purse for sissy, a deep conditioning conditioner from Aveda for me (thanks for remembering that I love Aveda) AND some movies that I had asked for YEAY!!! It was like Christmas all over again hahaha! Oh and we get to meet his gorgeous gf, Joyce, for the first time too!!! =) Thank you so much bro it was really nice having you home again.

Photobucket
Oh yea, Baileys with coffee flavored ice cream is heavenly.
The following Wednesday, didi (my brother) and I went into town to KLCC to meet up with Kimmy. She was in town as a part of her tour from Thailand, Malaysia and S'pore. We met up, we gave each other a great bear hug, we chat for a bit, we took pictures of KLCC and we headed to her "hotel" on Petaling Street (Malaysia's Chinatown) to pick up her luggage. Lemme tell you something, Petaling Street is not a place for everyone. It is FILTHY, it is STINKY, it is HOT, it is full of people that you don't wanna associate yourself with. I now know why my mother never brought us there and never wanted us to "shop" there. =) So, we grabbed her bag full of souvenirs and be well on our way to leave that icky place. The reason why she wants to tumpang the bag at our house is coz she doesn't wanna drag it all the way to Singapore and haul it back to KL again. It was great seeing her. We talked about Hawaii and what we did there as if we had never left paradise.
Photobucket
Photo taken under ground at KLCC LRT station.

On that Sunday (Feb 3rd), Effa picked me up in the evening to do some catching up before picking Kimmy up at KL Sentral. We went to a really nice restaurant in Bangsar named Delicious! I ordered a spinach and pine nut quiche and it was outta this world. Very creamy, very nutty, and a little vege on the side to make you feel better bout yourself LOL.
Photobucket
Yummy Quiche!!!! They topped the quiche with pine nuts and then baked it. Oh my!!!
After dinner, we picked up Kimmy and decided to head back to Bangsar coz Kimmy is hungry and she wants real food. Effa brought us to Madam Kwan's, food a bit pricey but worthy. For instance, my BIG o' bowl of
cendol. It will costs me RM5.50 to get a cup of Milo ice and RM5.80 for a thing of cendol. Of course I picked cendol duh!! Kimmy ordered Fried Kuey Teow and Effa got herself Frutty Nutty 3 scoops of chocolate ice cream. WOW.
Photobucket
When I say big I mean it. This bowl of cendol has cendol of course (that's the green looking thing at the bottom), shaved ice doused with coconut milk, sweetened red bean and melted gula Melaka on the side for you to pour it all over your cendol. Kimmy's Fried Kuey Teow and she loved it.

Photobucket
Effa's dessert right there. Raisins, peanuts, whipped cream on top of her ice cream.

Too much food talk is making me hungry, I must leave now for some sustenance.
TO BE CONTINUED.

No comments: