Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Everything has to come to an end PART II

Sunday night Kimmy and I chat our hearts out til about 2 in the morning. Coz we just love to talk. LOL.
Monday (Feb 4th), I woke up at 830am thinking the Super Bowl starts at 915am Malaysian time and we were supposed to go over to Mitch's house to watch the game together. BUT, when I turned on my TV at 9am, the game was already half way done. Boy was I mad because I was missed informed by the Astro guide, Mitch called me up during half time to see if I still wanna go over. So we went.
*Mitch, my primary school classmate, is someone that I last saw TEN/ELEVEN years ago.
The game was really good. GIANTS totally kicked PATRIOTS asses!!!!! YEAY!!!! And they say PATRIOTS were un-defeatable. Right... It was a good day that day.

Tuesday (Feb 5th), Kimmy and I woke up extra early just to go to the market near my house. I want her to see how us local people shop for daily necessities like breakfast, poultry, meat, fish, veg, eggs, pajamas, clothes, newspaper, fruits and etc. After our stroll in the market, we went home for breakfast, followed by trip to the park in Bukit Jalil. Kimmy took tons of pictures there. Will post them up when I can get my hands on em. Later that day, I drove Kimmy to Sunway Pyramid to do some shopping and then we did dinner @ Tony Roma's with my primary school classmates to celebrate Mitch's homecoming. LOL. We left around 11 something and managed to get home before twelve. Packed up my things and were ready to go to Alor Setar.

Photobucket
Just part of our breakfast on the lazy Susan.

Photobucket
Them peeps and Kimmy and Mitch facing away from the camera, how smart.

Photobucket
Ah here is a good look at Mitch. Yea and that salad you're looking at was mine. And the on side you see a glass of something, that was my Mojito. What do I think about it? Too little mint, Too little sugar, Too little Bicardi Rum.

Wednesday (Feb 6th), our entire family got up around 5am to get ready for the flight at 745am to Alor Setar, Kedah where my father is from. So we were sitting around waiting on our cabs. They were suppose to show up at 6am but only one did. My dad was furious and more angry coz he couldn't yell at the cab company coz he lost his voice the previous night. LOL. My dad ended up driving my mother and sister to the airport while Kimmy, brother and I took the cab. I seriously thought we ain't gonna make it. But thanks to our speedy driver, we got there on time to check in and everything. Couple of hours later, we landed on the Rice Bowl of Malaysia. Didn't surprised me, the weather is stinkin' HOT, as if there were TEN suns shining down on us. We checked into our crappy, moldy smelling hotel and headed off to my grandma's house.
On the side note, in lunar calender Feb 6th was the last day of the year. Traditionally, you're suppose to clean out your house, throw away old things, pretty much like Spring cleaning. =) Off with the old stuffs and welcome new things into the new year. And dinner time, everyone is suppose to sit down together for dinner. We call it "tuan-yuan fan" literally means reunion rice. Hahaha. Nah it means everyone getting together for the last day of the year. Since we weren't home this year, we can't do the cleaning but was able to have "tuan yuan fan". More on that, if you're married you will go to your in-laws house to have dinner. If you're not married like me, you will just stay put. LOL.
Photobucket
Mother, grandma, father and sister. Bro was off somewhere taking pics and I was the camera man.

Thursday (Feb 7th), first day of the Chinese New Year. We dressed in our new clothes, new shoes too preferably, put on our best smiles (behavior) and went over to my grandma's. On this day whoever you come across you're suppose to wish them Xin Nian Kuai Le (Happy New Year) and Gong Xi Fa Cai (Wishing you wealth and prosperity). If you're married, you will give out ang pau to kids and singles who are younger in age. If you're not married again like me, you will stick your hands out to collect them. =) Worst than Christmas eh? You can pick and choose who you want to give gifts too. But Chinese New Year, you MUST give ang pau whether you like it or not.

Photobucket
Just us having dinner the evening of Chu Yi (First day of Chinese New Year).

Friday (Feb 8th), second day of Chinese New Year is when all those married daughters come back to spend time with their own family. So,guess what then, four of my five aunties came back to visit bringing along their children and grand children. The house instantly turned into a mad house where kids are playing running crying. We flew back to KL that night itself. Honestly, I cannot take anymore of the burning hot weather. We touched down around 10 at KLIA got home at 11pm. Effa came to pick Kimmy and I up for a night out. Yup, we're crazy like that. We planned on going to Savahn but there was maybe like two people in the club so we decided to walk down the street to some other clubs. Basically we were club shopping. Finally, we found this place (I forgot its name), music seemed decent (Hip Hop mixed in a lil techno), well at least there was a crowd. We danced our booties off that night. Great fun!!!

Photobucket
In da club

No comments: