Thursday, February 14, 2008

For Valentine's Day

Today is a very special day for all people, a day to celebrate love.

A guy proposing on a HUGE ad board, my co-worker getting married this Sunday (will be honeymoon-ing in Hawaii), my brother flew to Sibu, Sarawak just to celebrate this day with his girlfriend. Countless beautiful events. Since it is V-day, I have/want to be a cheese ball to throw a love movie at you-- THE NOTEBOOK starring Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling.

Now, imagine love, what pops into your mind? What would you think of? Well, I immediately thought of love between young couples. Young, full of hopes for the future and last but not least, they only have eyes for each other. Some of you mothers out there might thought of your never ending love for your children. Some of you pet lovers might thought of your pets. But, have any of us think about love between someone whose age is close to a century old? I had never think about or imagine someone my grandmother's age, what was her love life like? Does she have one? Did they love like we do? Well, we can find our answers in this movie.

Remembering the first time I saw this movie at Wards theater in Hawaii. When the movie was over and the lights began to light up, I so wished that they wouldn't because I don't want anyone sees me crying my hearts out. Scene that made me sob really hard was when older Noah got pushed away by Allie and was cryin out for her. Allie has senile dementia. She couldn't remember anyone or anything, even herself... Let alone a heart broken Noah whom read to her every single day in the hopes of awakening Allie from "sleep".
What does he read? A love story between young Allie and Noah. Hand written by Allie herself in a notebook. Wanna know more? How about spend some time watch it with the one you love. Single? No problem, gather up bunch of fluffy pillows, a hot cuppa cocoa and you'll be just fine. I watch it by myself numerous times. ^^

I found this on google:
An Excerpt from a letter from Noah to Allie: "The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever."

My favorite song from its soundtrack:
I'll be seeing you

Remember, I Love You.

No comments: