Saturday, November 1, 2008

Another page on my calendar

I flipped another page of the calendar, November is exposed. I suppose that means another month has passed. I only have two pages left since I first bought it. I suppose that means this year is almost over... Is this how most people remind they selves how time passes?
November is much anticipated. Got so much planned for work. I got one word, YUCK. LOL. Seriously, late nights aside, we're gonna have an influx of TMs in da office. More ppl means what???? More ppl means more trouble coz we all know that human beings are problematic. Let alone human beings who are money hungry!!!!! Grrrrr.. =D Oh yea, I'm smiling, Imma smile through the whole ordeal. If you can't hide can't fight, you be, one, with it.  

Someone called me at 11:39pm last night, I was too lazy to answer. Someone called me at 6:00am this morning, I answered because I knew it was him. He is far away, he also sounded far away. I blame the phone line. I couldn't hear one complete sentence, I was half asleep still. As if he's talking under water, as if he's talking in the chicago wind... But babe, thank you so much for having me in mind and thank you so much for calling. I enjoy your emails. I enjoy the surprise calls you gave me. ;)

So many random thoughts are running through my mind. I ought to tell you this story from the book A New Earth (Eckhar Tolle). 'member I was saying learning how to let go? Here it goes:
Two Zen monks, Tanzan and Ekido, who were walking along a country road that had become extremely muddy after heavy rains. Near a village, they came upon a young woman who was trying to cross the road, but the mud was so deep it would have ruined the silk kimono she was wearing. Tanzan at once picked her up and carried her to the other side. The monks walked on in silence. Five hours later, as they were approaching the lodging temple, Ekido couldn't restrain himself any longer. "Why did you carry that girl across the road?" he asked. "We monks are not supposed to do things like that." "I put the girl down house ago," said Tanzan. "Are you still carrying her?"

Think this through, don't we often trapped ourselves doing what Ekido did?  Don't we often burdened ourselves doing what Ekido did?  I DID.  
After reading this story, I couldn't stop smiling.  In the coming days, I shall be less like Ekido!

Yo, hold up.  You might be wondering why this chick has been mentioning A New Earth more than she should be?  Well you guys, I am not trying to be no saint.  Just wanna be less angry*, more patient.  Since I've got this awesome book that actually helps.  You bet I'll hang on to it and sometimes like to share it with you.  It'd be best to pick it up from your nearest book store baby!  Hahahah.         

*I'm one angry person.  

No comments: