Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I believe

When I fell in love.

I believed he will be by my side for a life time
I believed I will only share the other half of our bed with him
I believed only his clothes will occupy our walk in closet
I believed he will be making me food for a life time
I believed we should have matching cellphones and matching keychains 
I believed our pictures in picture frames will be on display for a life time
I believed he will be the only one I call when hard times arrive
I believed the last bite of every meal is only for him


When he fell out of love.

I made myself believe I can still breathe for another hour without him
I made myself believe I can change my own light bulb for years to come
I made myself believe I can have sweet dreams without him
I made myself believe he doesn't deserve a special ring tone in my phone 
I made myself believe I can have a movie night out without him
I made myself believe I don't have to call him everytime I get scratches or bruises
I made myself believe the next drop of tear that rolls down my cheek will not be for him

I believe



No comments: