Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My work

Haven't talked much about my work and what I do at work... I know... Basically, I have the freedom to do whatever I want at work. Like I don't really have strict 9-6 schedule. What I usually do is to get to work early so that I could leave early and BEAT the traffic. ^^
What do I do? I grow rice plants at work. I wait for them to grow til mature stage (flowering seedings and etc) about 180 days. Until then I've practiced on RNA extraction using Heay's E. coli, and run electrophoresis gels. Oh and of course learned how to grow paddy!!! My first and second batch rice babies (MR-219 and MALINJA) had died. R.I.P. Oh I took my latest batch (MR-84 and MR-185) home to grow yo. More sunshine, temperature just nice (~38C) not freezin they asses in our lab (~22C). LOL. Hmm what else.. I also have to look up as many journals on lignin biosynthesis for Oryza sativa as I possibly can. Look em up and "try" to read and digest em... Shucks! It's like college all over again. Worst is the papers are on plant biochemistry and molecular biology. Totally not my field (I graduated with a degree in Human Nutrition).
And yesterday my boss showed me how to design primers for enzymes of interest that are involved in the biosynthesis pathway. Speaking of which I still have to identify them enzymes, limiting enzymes per my boss. She is a very cool boss I have to say. ^^ Not always on our back telling us what we have to do and when we have to have em be done by... Gave us freedom and trust us that we'll get our job done!



PS. When I say "we" that means my cousin Heay and I. Yes we work together. ^^

No comments: