Thursday, October 30, 2008

Much needed

Have you ever wonder why am I not living the life that I wanted that I dreamed of?  I have.  

But I have since tried changing the way I look at life.  Instead of trying to reach some imaginative places...  I simply cherish the life I'm living in NOW.  I've probably said something along the line in my previous entry.  It is not until lately I am able to do so.  
Like this evening, got off work around 730pm.  My coworkers and I walked over to Pavilion to have a dinner and talk about something outside work.  To me, that was blissful already.  I am grateful for an evening without rain, I am grateful for a walking distance hip hang out place.  I am grateful to have coworkers that I can hang out with outside of work.  Life is that much easier when we learn how to appreciate little things that surround us every single day.  
Yes, I might not have the funds to travel and to see the world.  
Yes, I might not have extra money to buy big ass LV bag.  ;)
Yes, I might not have the funds to get dolled up like the Palins (oops).  
But, 
I have a little camera that I bring everywhere to immortalize special moments with special people. 
I have a trusty old car that brings me where I am needed.  
I have a pair of healthy eyes allowing me to read A New Earth, to see, and also to blog for you.
Most importantly, 
I have a home.  
Hey now, of course I will have my moments...  But those moments do not come as often anymore.  I didn't say learning too see things differently and learning to let go is a quick process.  It takes time just like anything else in this world.  
All and all, I feel renewed.  

   

2 comments:

valeriest ~ 琪 said...

Every now and then I still ponder about similar questions, and depending on my mood - sometimes I get pretty negative and ended up blaming myself for everything.

But at some positive times I do answer my questions in a similar way to yours, and I can say, girl, things aren't as bad as we have imagined.

In fact I quite like the kind of life we're leading now - not being able to do things that we love, but doing things to keep us surviving in this world. It makes me feel like I'm living in a real world, and not my little fantasy made up galaxy anymore =)

Yasha said...

Hahaha, I so understand the mood thing. But lately I've been staying pretty positive and I intend to keep it that way. ^^