Monday, January 21, 2008

Keep that toilet clean missy!

The urge of writing this blog came from the thought of how FILTHY Malaysians' public toilets are!!! AND not understanding why can't people keep the public restrooms/toilets/loos/washroom clean.

I have not been to the mens' room here in Malaysia so the restrooms that I referred to in this blog will only be womens' restrooms.

When I was younger I thought that dirty toilets are part of our lives and that there is nothing we can do to change this and I accepted it. But after living in the states for almost five years, I learned that clean and hygienic public toilets are not impossible. Now, whenever I go out with my family, I would make damn sure I emptied my bladder before I leave the house OR will (rather) suffered from the urges of needing to pee than using the public restrooms. Yes very pathetic.

Come on ladies!!!!
Aren't we females usually the ones that kept our household clean? (I know you men do the cleaning too, sometimes) Don't we like our men clean and well groomed? OK, that's a bit off the point. It is so disturbing to me that some ladies could walk out of the toilet head held high knowing that they didn't even bother to flush it. SHAME ON YOU. Where is our self-respect? Imagine inviting your friends to your filthy house for a movie night, you wouldn't want that? Or would you?
Think about how would the tourists view our country. Oooh Malaysia such an exotic country, friendly people, gorgeous rainforest's, great snorkeling spots,
having one of the most tallest building (once was) and etc. BUT we, the friendly Malaysians, somehow managed to screw up one of the most basic infrastructure ---> Public Restroom. Not a very good impression. It's like saying Truly Asia with Truly Nasty Loos.

People people people... is it really so-very-out of your way to simply just flush after use, turn of the tap water after use and discard your nasty stuff like tissue, toilet paper, sanitary napkins where they are suppose to be??? And please don't get me started with people who squat on the sitting toilet??? Leaving their lovely shoe prints on the sitting cover of the toilet bowl???
Few years back in one of the shopping malls. I saw, get this, the half sitting half squatting toilets!!!! Those were for people that like to squat on sitting toilets OR I guess for those who doesn't like to squat on squatting toilets? AND Few months back an article in our local Chinese newspaper, government was saying how they would allocate some money to assemble "toilet squad"??? Where the "toilet squad" hangs around public restrooms to make sure everyone keeps the toilets clean??? What has my country came to? I was utterly speechless. Do you girls want to continue to be ignorant and selfish?

Oh yea, another reason for others to call us a developing country... Besides our forever late public transportation and our oh-so-wonderful postal system.

1 comment:

yinkheay said...

yea.. Do the toilets in the States has water host? Ours got. That's y the toilet floor is always wet (The malay need to wash their butt with water host) then after that when stepping out of the toilet the floor got dirtied by the footprints.

Sanitary pad issue is really annoying though. They shud use tissue paper or newspaper or whatever paper to pack it up before throwing into dustbin one. The dustbins in the toilet are all stuck with pads. Very 'artistic' indeed. Ewww... Almost all the dustbins are sealed by the sticky pads. Sometimes I really dunno how to throw my pads cuz I can't even open the lid. Sigh..