Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Milo and MSN

People drink coffee and tea amongst some other drinkable drinks.  But us Malaysians love Milo.  When I saw that 1.5kg bag of Milo sitting in our pantry at the office...  I realized we love Milo, coz it's comforting.  We had it when we were little kids.  A scoop of powdered milk, two scoops of Milo, add hot water and it was heavenly.  Then we get older, we'll go out to mamak and we order Milo-ice (powdered milk has been replaced by sweetened condensed milk).  Until now, I still love having Milo anytime of the day...  But I no longer add in sweetened condensed milk nor powdered milk.  Well, occasionally we add Nescafe to our Milo to create what ppl call Nes-lo... Cool eh?  
Realized one thing that hasn't changed throughout our years?
Eli (my Mexican friend) could not stand the fact that I could drink Milo day and night, rain or shine.  Coz to her chocolate-y drinks are only for kids and special occasions and beer is definitely a better beverage!  LOL.  

Changes changes, we love it we're also afraid of it.  
About 6 or 7 years ago, I'd stay in touch with friends using MSN.  Soon as I log onto MSN after getting back from classes, I'll see many many little green/blue man on my contact list.  And usually I will chat with most of them, if not all, some even live just down the hall.  These past three years I haven't log onto MSN as often as I used to.  I guess my mode of communication has altered, so is others.  Or as we grew older, we learned that a lot of ppl whom we called friends are no longer our friends.  Or as adults, we are more selective as to who we called friends.  =)  Whatever reasons we believe in, the truth is, there are just not many green/blue little man showin up on our contact list anymore...  Seriously, it is kinda depressing coz it is getting to a point where I am okay with not having a lot of friends.  I will always be grateful for the friends who have walked with me through certain paths of my life.  The friends who chose to walk a different path, I'm fine with it too.  No longer feeling that sense of lost that I speak of often, in my previous blog entries.      

Cheers to Milo, a good farewell to MSN!

p.s.  Milo is like hot cocoa and then some.  ;)


1 comment:

yinkheay said...

True! Very true! I'm kinda thrilled by this change but on second thought this makes us appreciate our closer friends more, right? =)